November 15, 2014

Stitching in colour: Designer Mystery BOM - 08

It seems the motivation for the FQS Mystery BOM is still going strong. So here is Block 08:



Look at the fabric on the upper right: Red polka dots on primary red! It's almost singeing my eys, it's so bright. Not that I complain though, the weather is still blah!



The design for this block is quite simple as it's made from a lot of half square triangles and some flying geese, all of which were about to be ironed here.



But no matter how simple, the finished block is beautiful. I love the colours on this one! So bright and cheerful! The name of the block tries to get my hungry again - it's Lime Sherbet. The designers are Bonnie Olaveson and Camille Roskelley.



While the tips meet all around, this seam is really bulky and caused a lot of trouble under the needle. It makes me think about the batting for the finished quilt - I should look into something voluminous, so all the bulky seams will vanish in the fluff.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment