Since my swap partner has received the autumn tablecloth, I can happily show you some pictures of it. And I took lots! Haha.
As I've said before in the sneak peak, the theme of the swap was autumn. First I thought of doing something pumpkin-inspired, but switched to doing colourful leaves very soon. I'm so glad I did! See for yourself:
After drawing up a sketch of what I wanted the tablecloth to look like, I started digging through my stash for some fabric to use. When my searching fingers came across the Paisley Jungle collection by Kaffe Fassett (of which I own a fat quarter for each colour), I knew I had a match made in heaven.
The fun part for this project was the quilting. I recently aquired a ditch quilting foot for my sewing machine and knew I had to try it out on the leaves. I was amazed how great it works and the result is fabulous:
I didn't stop there however. Something was still missing. So I added some free motion quilting through the middle axes, trying to add some sort of wind swirls and little leaves blown away by them.
The yellow and orange version of the Paisley Jungle collection had been used in some of my other projects before, so I didn't have much left by the time I was looking for binding fabric. Happily, by adding some of the red version, I could gather enough for a scrappy binding:
Here are some more pictures of the finished tablecloth. I could have taken a bazillion more, I really like what I came up with.
First time I'm showing off my label! I had them recently made and I try to add them to projects that don't stay within my home.
I hope you like this tablecloth just as much as I do!