October 08, 2013

Stitching in colour: Designer Mystery BOM - 04

I've finished block 04 a few days ago but the weather was too dull for taking the final picture. Anyway, we got lucky today and had some sunshine, so here we go:



From what I could gather so far, many of the fabrics in the Vintage Modern collection are used in this BOM. So it's not just the same 5-6 fabrics in each block but different ones. I really like that.



I've used the fast flying geese method again, but else I didn't tweak the instructions any further. I'd call this a very easy block.



Easy and really beautiful! I think it might be the twin of block 03. The name of block 04 is Breezy Afternoon and it was designed by Aneela Hoey.



That 1/4 inch seam walking foot really pays off! The triangle tips are just perfect. I'm proud of this one.

As with number 03, this block is shorter than 01+02. I suppose it's because of the new walking foot. If the rest turns out smaller as well, I will redo 01+02. But first, let's go ahead with block 05.

No comments:

Post a Comment